Your privacy is very important to us. Simply stated, our policy is to collect no personally identifiable information about you when you visit our website unless you actively choose to make such information available to us. This Privacy Statement generally describes how we collect, use and/or share information gathered by our websites.
When visiting our Site, some information is collected electronically or by technology. For example, when accessing the Internet, each computer is assigned a unique identifier called an IP address that identifies where information is coming from or where information should be sent. Along with your IP address, we collect information regarding which pages you visit on our site, from which page you came to our site, and the software you use to visit our site and its configuration. We might use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. We might use information from your IP address to help identify you and gather broad demographic information. None of that information is associated with you as an individual.
BBI considers personal information, any personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
BBI may use personal information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to personalize your experience on the Site;
- to allow you to apply for products or services (e.g., to prequalify for a mortgage, apply for a credit card, or to open a retirement account, investment account or other financial product) and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of accounts and personal Information;
- to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- to allow you to use some Site financial planning tools. Information that you enter into one of these planning tools may be stored for future access and use. You have the option not to save the information;
- collected through aggregation services such as our Online Banking platform in order to consolidate your financial account information at one online location; understand what product or service may be of interest to you; and present you with offers;
- collected through our social media channels and other online interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this online information with information collected from offline sources or information we already have;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- to allow you to utilize features within our Site by granting us access to information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services.